Over the past 80 years Columbia Machine, Inc. has become one of the world’s leading manufacturers of concrete products equipment and palletizing solutions, serving customers in over 100 countries. Located just across the river in Vancouver, WA right off of I-5 and just 10 minutes from downtown Portland, Columbia Machine is one of Vancouver’s largest employers. A family owned business since 1937, Columbia Machine offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. If you are looking for a company that values its employees then log on to http://www.columbiamachine.com/ for more information.
Coordinate all bagging product line engineering efforts including designs for new equipment, participate in R&D projects, provide Sales with technical support, conduct application layout work, integrate complete bagging systems from concept to completion, monitor field installations and assist service with bagging related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Designs equipment and integrated systems by using information from the customer, marketing, sales, and/or service
- Produces high quality solutions within defined time constraints using complex analysis and engineering tools such as drawings, bills of materials, and specifications to communicate designs
- Improves productivity and consistency within each phase of projects (engineering, production, and installation) by using standard equipment Master Files to quote existing solutions when possible
- Confirms and assists in the documentation of fabrication, assembly, and installation process
- Tests design feasibility be evaluating testing methods, testing products and equipment, evaluating outcomes and modifying designs as necessary
- Supports and backfills for other engineering team members as needed to release large and complex problems for bagging related equipment
- Directs equipment research and development by collaborating with sales and marketing teams to utilize current information on industry trends, and market activities, and competitors’ products in the development of new equipment designs and modifications
- Provides cost estimates based on product knowledge and technical familiarity and supports team objectives to complete projects on time and within estimated budgets
- Complies with safety standards by designing equipment to adhere to safety standards and reduce product liability
- Supports internal and external customer service by understanding and documenting internal and external customer needs and expectations, and communicates to appropriate team(s) when an expectation will not be met
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by establishing personal networks, participates in professional societies, attends professional workshops, traveling to customer locations and reviews publications
- Contributes to team effort by being willing to attempt new assignments or fill in for others as needed; accomplishes other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 25%
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- SalesForce.com, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Organizational, Interpersonal Communication, and Problem-Solving
- Graphical and Creative Design
- Project/Process Management
- Written and Oral Communication
- Strong technical aptitude; has the ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables with a high attention to detail
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering*
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Experience with analyzing job results and planning workflow
- Has a process control background
*3-5 years of experience in the field may be a substitute for an Engineering degree.
Columbia Machine offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, 401(k), incentive compensation, paid holidays, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. Columbia does participate in E-Verify.
To apply for this exciting career opportunity today, please apply online at www.columbiamachine.com [2C LH, EP - for Print Placement, footer]